Can you tell us more about the context of the recording? Or can you share information on its content - timings of key sections or important details? In most places it comprises three ditches with medial banks, the inner bank being the larger, measuring between 3.1m and 4m in thickness with an external height of up to 2.2m. There are entrances on the north to north-east and south, with a possible third on the north where a natural terrace provides access to the interior immediately beyond the end of the wall.It is believed the ramparts make this the largest Iron Age stronghold in Britain. Walling is visible on the north, east and south sides and some on the east, consisting of an inner wall face and heather-covered rubble about 3.0m wide.We are 6 miles north west of Stranraer, and 2 miles from Leswalt village, with its local store.After many years of camping ourselves, we have made our camping site into the type of place we would like to stay. Since we are a small camping site, and do not accept caravans or large motorhomes, we do not provide disposal for chemical toilets.
Some of the pitches have open views across fields, and others are within our tree belt which gives shelter from the west wind.[Up to 1834] [After 1834] [Staff] [Inmates] [Records] [Bibliography] [Links] In December 1624, Reading received a bequest of £8,400 in the will of wealthy London draper John Kendrick.The money was designated for several causes but the bulk, £7,500, was to establish a workhouse.Now worship is habitually at the church within Drummore, with one service each month in the summer being held at Kirk Covenant. The defences along the inner crests of the natural gullies on the north-east and south-east consisted of a wall originally 8'-12' thick.A substantial earthwork, measuring 400m long, cuts off an area of about 57ha at the eastern end of the Mull of Galloway. The internal measurement is about 110m north-west by 100m south-east, but no structures were visible in the interior.In 1638 the parishioners, citing the inconvenience of the journey to church, secured the building of a new church known as Kirk Covenant on Core Hill, about a mile west of Drummore. Following the Disruption of 1843, a new church was again built, for worshippers in the Free Church of Scotland, and this time in the village itself, in the street now known as Stair Street.